For the Conversation Heart Cookies:
- I used a medium sized heart cookie cutter.
- I used this ah-mazing Marshmallow Fondant from Big Bears Wife. I divided it into 6 even sized balls, then dyed each one a different color. Then I rolled each one out to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick (the purple ring on my Wilton fondant roller). THEN cut out the heart shapes using the same cookie cutter. I had enough fondant to cover 7 1/2 doz cookies, there was a little of each color left over. it’s possible there’d be enough fondant left for a few more cookies…
- Next I made sure the cookies where cool, then brushed them with a little corn syrup, and put a fondant heart on top of each cookies. I rubbed them gently to make sure the fondant would stick.
- And the final step was to use a red food marker to write out the messages.
For the Stained Glass Cookies:
- I used a LARGE heart cookie cutter, and then a smaller one to cut out the middle for the “stained glass” part.
- I had NO IDEA these would be so easy to make. All you do is crush up some hard candy (I used cherry lollipops). Then you cut out the outside shape and a smaller heart from the middle. Put it on the cookie sheet, fill the hole with the crushed candy, and bake! BAM!
- I noticed that some of my cookies had pink dots when they came out of the oven. I’m not sure if that was because I was sloppy when I filled them, or if the crushed candy bubbled and splattered while it was melting…
- I actually burned the first batch because I wasn’t paying attention to the timer. Ooops.
- I let these cool completely on the cookie sheet before I tried to take them off.
- And finally, if I make these again, I plan on making smaller cookies. These are so big the middles are kind of hard to eat because the candy hardens…