Chocolate Chip Cookies (for people) I totes forgot to update a few weeks ago when I made these cookies. Then, last weekend my husband and I went to a wedding in VA Beach. Now, I’m finally getting a moment (and the motivation) to post the blog entry for the Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now, if you’ve noticed, I prefer to bake things that contain alcohol. Sadly, I got a special request for “plain chocolate chip cookies”. I was sort of offended. Why doesn’t everyone like alcoholic baking as much as I do!? Hmph. After some searching I settled on this version, with a small twist. Random notes follow.
- I used light brown sugar, instead of regular brown sugar (that’s what I had on hand).
- It was too “doughy” to beat after I added the eggs and vanilla, but it was super hard to stir in the flour. Try a combination of both. Or, get a stand mixer with a paddle attachment instead of a cheap hand mixer like I own.
- Because I have a deep seeded need to not be “plain”, I used a combination of regular sized & mini sized chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and white chocolate chips.
- I flattened the dough slightly after the 1st batch because the bottoms browned a bit too much.
- Even after about a week (kept in the fridge) these are still tasty. I thought they’d get stale and crumbly, but it didn’t happen. Yay!