Pinnacle Whipped Vodka Brownies on a cinnamon graham cracker crust which is topped with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and cinnamon Teddy Grahams. (recipe) Random thoughts on these:
- The graham cracker “crust” was the same recipe as the one on the S’mores cupcakes, only halved. I didn’t exactly (or at all) measure the graham crumbs… I just used 9 cracker “sheets” (one whole paper pack), because that’s what I had left in the box. I used the cinnamon flavor, but that’s just because I like how sweet they are. You can replace them with regular graham crackers. The husband begged me to use chocolate grahams but I don’t really like chocolate all that much. I know, I use it ALOT for someone who isn’t a fan.
- The brownie recipe I used was the same as the Grand Marnier Brownies, I just subbed the vodka. Be gentle when pouring the batter, or you’ll displace your crust.
- I baked these for closer to 40 minutes.
- I wanted to use more than the 3 cups of mini marshmallows, but that’s all I had left over from the S’more Cupcakes last week. If I make these again I plan on using more marshmallows. There wasn’t enough for me. It’s all personal preference though. I also had the chocolate chips left over, so I threw those on top as well. I used Teddy Grahams instead of making extra “crust” to use as a topping because I wanted to have a little fun. It didn’t hurt that they were on sale at the grocery store.
- watch them closely while you’re broiling. it literally takes a second to go from toasted to burned marshmallow.
- Don’t forget to grease the sides of the pan that aren’t covered by foil… I did. and it was a huge pain in the rump to get these brownies off the edge. Trust me, and let them cool almost completely in the pan. Then pull up the edges of the foil and lift the sheet of brownies onto a wire cooling rack to finish. If you (like I did) try to pull them out of the pan too early it’s much harder and they fall apart.
- After they’ve cooled all the way… gently peel the foil off and cut into 20 pieces. I only got 16, and you can probably tell from the pictures that they’re not the same size. I’m rationalizing the awkward sizes by saying I cut the small ones for me, and the big ones for Hubbs. But really, I just suck at cutting.
- Helpful hint- wet the knife a little between each cut. It (kind of) helped me.
- These are pretty chewy and close to being undone (not cooked all the way, you know what I mean?), but that’s how I like my brownies.