Just a few short notes and changes for the Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken!
- The recipe calls for FROZEN chicken breast halves. Shortly after I made this dish (while I was searching for more recipes) I read multiple articles/ reviews that say to NEVER use frozen meats in your slow cooker. Just something to think about…
- The original recipe also uses regular brown sugar instead of light brown sugar. I don’t know if there’s a difference.
- I used Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce, Kraft Light italian dressing, and Bulls Eye Kansas City style BBQ.
- About 20 minutes before it was done I shredded the chicken breasts and took out the fatty(?) pieces. Next time I’m going to shred it about an hour before it’s done cooking so the sauce will saturate the chicken better.
- This will reheat AWESOME. I made it 2 nights ago for dinner, and ‘nuked the leftovers yesterday and today for lunch!
Nom nom nom, Hey Waitress!